Monday, December 04, 2006

Interpretive Eating



The new Rorschach medium: rice.

This fine one was done by Aiden. Can you guess what it is?



OBVIOUSLY it is a map of the world. He likes to say, "Mommy, I'm eating North America! I'm eating Antarctica!

That's my boy.

Here is another map of the world, this one done by me:


Those are collages of our travels around the border. You can't really see the color coded post-it flags on the map, but they're there (though Max likes to move them around). Aiden made the flags. I used to make these out of real photographs, but they curled at the edges. Now I do them on powerpoint and get them printed and laminated. Much better. Plus I like going to the office supply store. There's something very satisfying about laminating things.

Hmmm. I just re-read that last sentence. I can just hear someone screaming, "Get a life!" If I start sculpting things out of rice, I know I'm really in trouble.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm a fan of big stationary shops and I find I can spend alot of money and time in them. I'm not sure if you get your photos laminated 'professionally' but you can also buy laminating paper and DIY at home. It's about 3.000 won for 20 sheets. But dangerous because it's hard to stop!

I had the same problem with curling snapshots. :)