Saturday, June 03, 2006

Time Warp

I was in an office supply store the other day (문방구, for those of you who can see Korean fonts...) with Max, doing some laminating. Laminating is called "coating" in Korean. Sometimes those Korean words make a lot of sense. It was around 11am on a weekday, so there weren't many people there -- the man and woman who run the store, a typical 20-something skinny Korean woman wearing a frilly skirt and heels, a teenage kid wearing his military-style school uniform, and Max and I. Anyway, I was waiting for my things to be laminated and trying to prevent Max from eating tacks, and suddenly the radio program that was being broadcasted in the store started playing the song "Time Warp" from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show." It was very strange and surreal to be in an office supply store in Korea listening to music from the Rocky Horror Picture show... I danced a little bit with Max, but he was more interested in the tacks.

No comments: