Thursday, July 03, 2008

must read

H Saussy over at printculture has posted this on the erosion of civil liberties in the U.S. since 9/11, and about concepts of freedom. Please click through and read it.

I am packing and not sleeping very well again. My SeokMun master tells me perhaps I don't understand some of the Korean concepts as well as I would like and that is preventing me from relaxing. I think moving probably has more to do with it. I do find it easier to try to focus on my body but it is still hard for me to maintain focus on breathing and on creating a "dan-jeon" -- rather like trying to concentrate on my gall bladder for a half an hour. I don't even know where my gall bladder is, come to think of it.

Trying to put together some thoughts on being a "Korea" blogger, as reluctant as I am to accept the label even in a post. More sometime this week. Writing is procrastination, I suppose. In the meantime I'll update my essay list on the sidebar.

1 comment:

natpoor said...

no labels! you are you, you blog, the label changes nothing -- the contents of the box are the same regardless of the outside. ^_^